Not Another Mommy Blog

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Mommy needs a valium

The surgery is in three days and I have officially started to freak out. I had a full-blown panic attack the other day, and wow... that was scary. I was laying in bed trying to sleep, when all the sudden my heart started racing, my chest felt tight, and it got hard to breathe. I had to jump out of bed and pace around the house. For some reason I was compelled to eat a banana, which somehow made me feel better. Who knows.

At any rate, I just want this thing to be over and done with. I look at Abby and think how unfair it is. I know there are a lot worse things out there, and I hate whining like this, but she is just so tiny and so innocent. She shouldn't have to go through all this. Yes, and I know she's too young to remember it. But still. I hate this. I've been trying really hard to keep it together, to not let the stress cloud my time with Abby. It's hard. Really, really hard.

On a completely different note, hello visitors from Helen's site! Nice to see you. Thank you for your kind comments and emails. It really makes me feel better knowing there are people out there thinking of us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elizabeth,

I followed the link from Helen's blog, and got hooked on yours! Abby is adorable... and you are both in my thoughts and prayers as the date of her surgery rapidly approaches.

~Meg (fireyfairy84@yahoo.com)

Momma said...

Elizabeth you are doing a terrific job keeping it together. I am so impressed with you and your wonderful ability to be such a good mommy. I not only have passed the prayer request about Abby's surgery to alot of prayer chains, they are also praying for you during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

I'll be thinking of you and little Abby tomorrow. Much love to you both and I really, really hope for a speedy recovery.

Love
Helen
(Everyday Stranger)

 
Footer Image