Not Another Mommy Blog

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Feeling much better

So.... do you like my new hairstyle?


Today was our first full day at home. Things are going great and Abigail continues to get better and better by the hour. The wound is still pretty startling to see, but thankfully the swelling has gone down a lot. You can tell she's still swollen when you kiss her forehead; instead of being firm it's kind of mushy and soft. Every night I give her a bath - cleaning the incision with gentle soap, letting it dry, then applying Bacitracin. Then I give her hair a fancy little spike. I think it draws attention away from her boo-boo.

We went to go visit Abby's daycare today. Her teachers were so happy to see her up and about. One of the administrators has really taken a liking to Abigail (can you blame her?) and called to check up on us almost every day we were in the hospital. The support and prayers we've received from friends, family, and complete strangers has been incredible. Not to sound too sentimental, but the thoughtfulness and kindness we've seen really does sort of renew my faith in people. Thank you all.

We will continue to rest and heal at home for another week or so. We have a follow-up appointment on Oct. 4, and I'm hoping we'll get the green light to resume all normal activities.

8 comments:

Momma said...

She looks wonderful. Her grin makes me want to grin. But her hair-doo... Love that spike..Now that is really what makes me smile... I love it.

Anonymous said...

Oh, she's a doll! She made me smile big!

I came here last week through Everyday Stranger, and have been checking since. I am so glad she's doing so well.

Anonymous said...

kewpie doll! or a baby faux-hawk! that's darling :) she looks so happy & smiley & back to her normal little peepie self! abdab!
-katie

Anonymous said...

Oh Thank You for this wonderful Blog.We love it! See you all every day on my slideshow's on three P C's Great Gramma Marilyn will write more later. Love. Great Grandpa, A. Roger Hirth

DaveO said...

Alfalfa from The Little Rascals.
She looks so much better. The swelling has really gone down. And all smiles again. yay!

Yvette said...

I'm so relieved to hear that Abby's surgery went well. I hope you're BOTH recovering quickly!

Shirley said...

WoW! God has truly done a wonderful thing - the progress is amazing. Her before and after progress is on my door at work as all have prayed for her and her family.

Shirley (David Hirth's mother-in-law)

Anonymous said...

oh crap i can't remember my login!

well this is cyndy :)

I am so glad you sent me this link! I am thinking/praying/wishing so hard for you both right now!!!

i hope abby is feeling better and better everyday, let me know if there is anything i can do from florida!!

silly offer but you never know....

 
Footer Image